Recording Streaming Audio?

I use a Bluesound Node 2 for streaming. Can I run the Node's digital output to a cd recorder or other recording device? Would the scenario change any if I ran the Node's digital  input to a dac that has a digital output, like pro audio gear and some consumer products offer? Would this be considered pirating? (I realize this isn't exactly a pc audio topic but I thought this would be the best place) Thanks for any input
mkaes
Not sure of the connections on your device, but maybe you could run your input into a laptop/desktop running inexpensive recording software (TotalRecorder, and others) and capture it there as a MP3, flac or other file type as selected in the software. As for legality, don't know.
This may be useful to know, I use a software program called Sound Tap Streaming Recorder. It records anything you stram and you can record in MP3 , flac and wav also at different bit rates if you are so inclined. They also make an editor called Sound Pad Wave editor and you get I think 30 days to evaluate it. I puchased the Sound Tap software about an hour after the install as I was so pleased with the results. Give it a try it can't do any harm.
You can use Joyoshare Audio Recorder to record the audio, so that the sound quality can be retained to the best extent. It would be OK if you don't distribute it to others.