Record weights what type would be good for a Luxman PD171-A

I recently purchased a Luxman PD171-A TT and am really happy w/it. A big jump from my 1986 Linn which gave me many tears of enjoyment. But using a record weight on a Linn is not recommended. I'm not sure if a record weight is beneficial so I'd like some feed back. They come in a variety of weight's and prices so if I go for one I don't want to hurt the motor. I checked my owners Manuel and there was no mention of using a record weight at a specific weight. Prices vary too. The last one I saw was at the extreme the Acoustic Signature Silencer which was 1K and weighed 1.6 lbs. I'd like to try something at a sane price.
luxmancl38

Showing 3 responses by tooblue

The LPS by Stillpoints might be the answer for you, although expensive at $549.00 they really do a nice job, has a bit of weight to it and is used without any type of washer under it. Music Direct will refund your money if not satisfied so really nothing to lose. Happy listening.
The Black Diamond Record clamps mentioned earlier are some of the best, I have two, the single piece and a two piece that both screw on to the spindle and I love both but the Stillpoint does something that they don't and I find myself going between the LPS and the one piece BDR depending on the album played as somewhat of a tone control. You owe it to yourself to at least audition the Stillpoints if you are looking for a record weight/clamp and judge for yourself.
@geoffkait , yes but you got them deep pockets. What's he building in there?