Recommended Speaker List for Atma-Sphere OTL Amplifiers.

OK, I am not sure how many times this has been disscused but the information is found all over the forum. I would possible love to compile a list here.

I personally own the Classic Audio Loudspeakers T1.5

I am now looking to build a second room with the M60 Mono Blocks and MP-3 Pre-amp.

Would love fellow audiogon memebers posting any feedback with speakers they have used with these Amazing OTL sounding Amplifiers.
dragon_vibe
my Fall project may be a set of the Monobloc kits to run the Vandersteen Treo at the condo for coastal winter heat !!!!!

Proac3.8 or any other proac before they switched to a 4 ohm load,which they recently did, why I don’t know, but the earlier proactive speakers are madgic with the atma spheres!

The Eminent Technology LFT-8b is very well suited for the M60 in all regards save one, that of sensitivity/efficiency. The LFT is rather insensitive/inefficient (rated at 83-4 dB), so in a large room at high listening levels the M60 may not provide enough power to the speaker. But planars are known to sound louder than equivalently-rated dynamics.

In all other regards the LFT-8b is an excellent match for the M60. It presents an almost purely resistive 8 ohm load to the amp, the midrange/tweeter panel itself an 11 ohm load. Put a solid state amp on the dynamic woofer (180Hz down), the M60 on the m/t panel, and live happily ever after! Ralph Karsten says he has M60 owners successfully using the amp with the LFT-8b.

Contact Emerald Physics (sold direct) o see who has their 2.8s in your area

Very easy load   

2.8s received an Absolute Sound award

MSRP $9998, but they run specials,

OR

I have their KCIIs with upgrades similar to their Pro model. One of the very best speakers I've owned, including Genesis Vs, Accoustat 2 + 2s, Nearfield Pipedreams, Magnepan 3.5Rs, Usher 6371s...

KCIIs < $2500     
I think that the impedance curve is more important than the sensitivity. The DeVore 0/96s are a superb match and this comment is based on hours of actual listening experience. A friend and myself built a pair of M60s and have never heard a better amp on the DeVores. We compared the M60s to VAC, Audio Note and Mastersound.