Recommended Cables for JMLab 937be speakers

I am looking to upgrade my current Zu Wax speaker cables (8ft lengths). My associated gear is Pass x2.5 pre, Pass X-250 amp, Marantz SA-14 CD, and Marantz TT-15s1 turntable and of course the JMLab 937be speakers. My interconnects are harmonic Tech pro-Silway IIs. I have heard good things about the Analysis and Acoustic Zen cables and I am very happy with my harmonic interconnects. What are your experince with the JMLab speakers, thoughts, suggestions? I am looking to spend around $500 used. I have no local dealers so trying before buying isn't much of an option. I listen to a broad range - rock, country, easy, blues.
matt54321

Showing 1 response by ahfman

I had the priviledge of hearing all of the audioquest interconnects and speaker cables on a pair of 927BE's starting at the diamondback and pikes peak. Each step up interconnect was better until we got to the cheetah and sky. These two were in a league of their own, I bought cheetah as I could not justify the cost of the sky. As for speaker cables the Monte Blanc produced the fullest, smoothest most unbelievable tonal balance I have heard from a pair of sub $20,000 speakers. The volcano, kilimanjaro and everest were better still but they were out of my budget. If you can afford the cheetah or sky interconnects with Mont Blanc I assure you, you will be pleased. We were using a Bryston SP1.7, 4BSST, Arcam entry level CD player.