Recommended British speakers for Creek 4330 Mark 2?

I bought a Creek 4330 Mark 2 integrated from around 1999 that does 40 wpc into 8 ohms. It’s in perfect condition and sounds great, amazingly so. I found a phono card for it so this will be dedicated to playing LPs.  What would be good British speakers that are more or less historically correct? I would love to get Epos because they were owned by Creek but am uncertain about which model would be best. I found Kef Q1s that seem ok but would like to go up a step in quality. Wharfedale reissues of their classics are tempting but am reluctant to get stuff made in China. I like to crank the volume a little now and then and this will be in a medium size room. Presumably efficiency is the main consideration here. Many thanks for ideas. 
128x128rtorchia

Showing 3 responses by yogiboy

If you are set on buying a British made speaker for under a grand you will have to buy used. I have owned many Spendors and I think the Spendor 3/5 would fit the bill!
Any of the Spendor classic line are historically correct. FYI: The Epos are made in China!!
https://www.spendoraudio.com/classic-loudspeakers/

Epos’s Epic line of speakers are designed by Mike Creek’s team in the UK. They’re made in China, of course. At the moment, there are three Epics: a small minimonitor, the Epic 1; a larger stand-mount, the Epic 2; and a floorstander, the Epic 5. An Epic 4 is not forthcoming.