Recommended British speakers for Creek 4330 Mark 2?

I bought a Creek 4330 Mark 2 integrated from around 1999 that does 40 wpc into 8 ohms. It’s in perfect condition and sounds great, amazingly so. I found a phono card for it so this will be dedicated to playing LPs.  What would be good British speakers that are more or less historically correct? I would love to get Epos because they were owned by Creek but am uncertain about which model would be best. I found Kef Q1s that seem ok but would like to go up a step in quality. Wharfedale reissues of their classics are tempting but am reluctant to get stuff made in China. I like to crank the volume a little now and then and this will be in a medium size room. Presumably efficiency is the main consideration here. Many thanks for ideas. 
128x128rtorchia

Showing 2 responses by jjss49

spendors wharfedales kefs linns of that era would work well

epos tweeter metal, plays lil bright, not a great match with the lively top end of the creeks
i don’t really care where something is made... as long as it sounds good and you can get the product serviced/fixed when that is needed - performance/function is what matters

are we typing these posts on uk made computers and smart phones?