Recommendations on stuff to look at for upgrading a 300B SET amp

I built an Elekit 300B SET amp with tons of upgrades (e.g. Mudorf caps, Takman resistors, Lundhaul power supplies and output transformers, etc.).  I love the amp but I wanted to increase power from 8w a side to 16-25 while staying in the SET camp.  I'm just starting the process of brainstorming. I was thinking of 300B monoblocks,
845 tube integrated or similar.  I want to stay under $5k and would need to sell some stuff--I have a wonderful Primaluna HP integrated with a good chunk of tubes to sell if I did this. I love that amp too but I don't need the power with horn loudspeakers and found the 300B a better match.  

Here are some off the head thoughts:
Manley 300B monoblocks (have to be used to make budget)
Cayin
Line Magnetic 
Bottlehead 300B monoblock kit

I can do an integrated (but if it's an integrated I prefer a remote) or standalone amps and run them with a Schitt Freya I have for now.  Any advice will be appreciated in my research!  

128x128jbhiller

Showing 1 response by jollytinker

Art Audio Jota?  I've just started using mine with a pair of 96db horn speakers and the experience so far is extremely good. I've been using the Jota for about 4 yrs now with upgraded tubes and I think it's marvelous. other things have come and gone but the Jota is a rock. If you can find one used they should cost around 4k, depending on tube set, condition, etc. The High Current version of the Jota puts out 24w per channel according to specs. Loudness has never been a problem, though that depends of course on the gain you have upstream of the amp. I've used the Jota mainly with Devore Silverbacks until recently, when I moved and switched to horns to accommodate a small(ish) listening room.  I might try another amp with the new speakers but mainly out of curiosity, not need. 

btw what are your speakers?