recommendations on a good used cd player for under $750

Hi
I am setting up another system nothing that special ,just some vintage gear ive had laying around.120w per luxman intergrated,denon table 304 cart,nht 3.3 , sunfire sub .I am looking for a good cd player used of course for  $300.00- $750.00 i see so many marantz i can’t keep them all straight,i had a pioneer elite pd65? it was a really nice player back in the early 90s, had a denon too ..any thoughts ? thanks
128x128oleschool

Showing 1 response by adg101

It's a risk buying used but you'll likely get much more of a player over a new one at the  same price; plus the new player is worth about half once you crack the box.

Marantz, NAD, and Cambridge players are all very good in that range new. If you have a nice system but not the most revealing, no doubt you'll be very happy with a new player from about any manufacture in your budget. Not sure anyone really makes a bad player today unless you buy it at Walmart.

If you're looking for a great used player and don't need Blu-ray or SACD the Cambridge 840c is a player to consider. On a system that can reveal the differences between components the 840c is going to pull ahead of the new players in the same price range. 

Marantz and and the others are really good players, but you'll almost always get more buying used. If you're wanting to stay closer to $300 then definitely agree on a newer Marantz.