Recommendations for speakers with Luxman 509x

Hey everyone - looking for some suggestions on speakers.  Just upgraded my amp and DAC to a Luxman 509x and Lumin T2. They’re driving Martin Logan motion 40s so upgrading speakers as well. Room is 14x18’ with the speakers facing the long way. It’s a living room, so am constrained by space and the wife. They will be less than 2’ from the wall and snuggled up next to a wood TV stand in the middle. Towers will be much easier to pull off than something very wide.  Wood floors but covered by a large rug, L couch, lots of windows, 8’ drywall ceiling and a large bookshelf in the back to give you an idea of acoustics. Listening position about 8-10ft from speakers.  Budget is $5k-$10k. Willing to go used. I mostly listen to rock, folk, country, hip hop and jazz.  Fairly new to the language of hifi, but prefer natural over clinical and a touch of warmth would be nice with the supposedly neutral components in the system. Thanks!
trentgordon

Showing 1 response by tomer_tsin

Hello,

Congratulations on the Luxman L509X, I also purchased one like this.
The amplifier fits 85% of the speakers on the market and it really depends on what you like and enjoy hearing. Do not rejoice in anyone because the speakers are for you and only you know what you like. 
In addition, it depends of course on the importer / store with which you "get along".
The amplifier offers an almost perfect tonal balance - not too open along the spectrum and not too round.
You go for English speakers that are a bit more musical (maybe ...), I suggest you check out budget speakers that can fit not in a particular order: Spendor D7.2 / 9.2, Graham LS8 / 1, Spendor Classic 1/2 and Herbats SHL5plus XD.
I can give you a long list start this one.