recommendations for a sub $2000 cdp

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my current RAM modded Esound E5 player.
I'm in the market for a unit up to $2000 (used or new) and looking for recommendations.

How about a used cary 303/300 ?

my current setup - JRDG 201 amps (also shanling sp-80 for tube)/lector zoe pre/usher 6371 speakers.

All responses are welcome.
icorem

Showing 2 responses by rsjm80

I think it depends if you need SACD or just Redbook that you're after as well. if you're strictly Redbook I'd look at the Bryston BCD 1 as well as the ARC CD 3 and maybe even the Sim Audio Equinox or SE version. Also helps as what music genre you like for your match as well. Hope you find one soon to meet your needs.
Icorem, I (personally) like SS so I currently own ARC and truely enjoy the detal and resolution that I get from it (wouldn't trade 'em!). I wasn't able to hear the Bryston as the dealer will only order when requested, the same delaer also carries Cary. We just got an MF dealer in the area but that won't help here. Given your equipment I'd say that either the ARC or Bryston would be an excellent match. Also as a suggestion get a good after market PC as well for the choice, it makes a huge difference.