Recommendation for an audiophile speaker cord that is not "bright"?

A friend has loaned me the Nordost Valhalla I and II as well as Nordost Frey 2 cables. They are wonderful speaker cables but do emphasize the "brightness" of my system including my Wilson audio Sahsa 2 speakers.

Any suggestions? Would used Transparent cables provide a richer bottom end? What about Audience Reference?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. - Thank you - Gerry
128x128ruraltraumasurgeon
oldhvymec
The capacitor and resistor on the output end of the Transparent cable is just a Zobel network.   If you connect them directly to the speaker terminals it would simplify things.  Just stick them in the holes where bare cables go or maybe use spades. 

Let’s see. I’m betting Nordost doesn’t believe in honoring the inherent directionality of wire. That means that just by chance 50% of the time Nordost cables will be connected backwards. Thus, 50% of the time they will sound too bright. Hel-loo! Case closed! 
From the OP-

Nordost cables are directional, at least they have an arrow on the end that the booklet says should be towards the speaker.

oldhvymec - Will you sell me a pair of your cables? (sans boxes).
Also, physicians do not receive the $$$, it is the insurance companies and the health systems, especially the private ones, that make the dough. 

Cheers!
For your consideration, from almost twenty years ago:

Under FAQs on the Nordost website, they say the following:

"Question:
Are the cables directional?
Answer:
Nordost cables are not directional when they are manufactured. However once they have been used for 70 to 80 hours in one direction they will sound better when they are hooked up and used in the original direction of break in.”

A question: obviously shielded cables are directional but that’s a separate issue from the directionality of wire. Which is worse - the inherent directionality of wire OR the directionality of the shielding? Shouldn’t they both be controlled during manufacture, you know, like Audioquest does? I hate to judge before all the facts are in but it appears Nordost dismisses or ignores wire directionality. That explains why Nordost cables sound too bright in many systems.
Post removed