Recommendation for an audiophile speaker cord that is not "bright"?

A friend has loaned me the Nordost Valhalla I and II as well as Nordost Frey 2 cables. They are wonderful speaker cables but do emphasize the "brightness" of my system including my Wilson audio Sahsa 2 speakers.

Any suggestions? Would used Transparent cables provide a richer bottom end? What about Audience Reference?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. - Thank you - Gerry
128x128ruraltraumasurgeon

Showing 4 responses by 213runnin

Okay, let me get this straight.  So there's no consensus in a cable thread?! 

Hmm.  I believe Nordost has the rep of tending to be forward or bright.  Silver plated conductors, of that which Nordost leans heavily, can be "bright".  I'd suggest cables that do not have silver content, such as Wireworld Eclipse 8.  They are a 9 gauge cable, however, but with speakers like the Sashas you probably have a pretty stout amp.

Staying in the solid copper conductor design, Audioquest also makes some great options, but frankly they get pretty expensive.   
Yeah, the Wireworld Eclipse 8 would be a solution, but they are around $1500, not sure what the OP's budget was.
And that does not a consensus make.  I feel like you're going to insist that it does, so...

Wildly different price points, wildly different design types and brands and... my post was merely a light hearted observation.