Recommendation for a modern Duntech Sovereign 2001 replacement

After o.a. the Snells (Model A/II, B Minor), Vandys (2Ce sigII), Thiels (2.2, 3.6), I settled on Dunlavy (SC I, III, IV) and Duntech (Black Knight and Sovereign 2001). These all have 1st order xo and soft dome speakers (I have had plenty of other speakers).

I listen mostly to classical, Jazz and occasionally classic Rock. Must have superb mid range.

Looking for a modern version (closed box or electrostatic) which should be smaller and, very important, offers a higher WAF (which should not be difficult).

Any recommendations?

128x128jazzonthehudson
joth, I would say any reference/comparison to Eames designs is a high complement.  Several of those remain in continual demand  because they are considered classics.  

I took audiotroy's "retro 50s" comment to reference speakers since that is the topic of this discussion. 

Regardless, esthetics are so personal that each of us must judge for ourselves.
Well it seems you have an affinity for 6 dB filters, at least go hear the Quattro CT - Vandersteen has been working that design principle for 37 years....
enjoy your search :-)

Thanks all for great suggestions!

@rcprince

I sent you a PM re Reference 3A Grand Veena

@tomic601
The Quattro CT "looks" indeed like a good candidate and the reviews are great.

Also worth a look is Verity Audio including the new Otello introduced at Axpona. 
“Must have superb midrange” and you are thinking to go SS and you seem to like soft dome and jazz and classic speakers - you definitely owe it to yourself to audition ATC actives - the versions with 3” super dome (50 and up).