Recommend speakers for Hegel H190

What speakers under $5000 would you recommend for Hegel H190?

Used in a room that is 6x8 meters, high ceiling. Currently have B&W 683 S2 and like them but would like to improve.

Thanks for the advise.
aobscura

Showing 2 responses by hilde45

I also started with the amplification first. This was not by choice. I chose speakers that I wanted to try on spec, and then it took seven months for them to get built. In the meantime, I decided that I would shop for amps and then once I got the amps I realized that I could shop for a variety of speakers that would go with the amps. In many ways, the search for a good speaker turns out to be  exactly the same, especially when you have such a capable amplifier as the Hegel. So the idea that something is backwards here is irrelevant. Good luck!
@aobscura The key for me is home trial. Crutchfield has Dynaudio, Revel speakers among others. 60 days home trial, and $20 to ship speakers back. (Not a typo.) I just tried out the Martin Logan 60's from Crutchfield without a hitch. Full refund minus $20 for $3500 speakers weighing 80lbs each. They respond quickly, politely. I'm not a fanboy by nature, but when you get treated right, over and over, you learn to become one.