Recommend speakers for a restaurant sound system

My company is opening a restaurant this summer. We want to install a great system that will be rugged enough to stand up to daily use but still deliver a great sound.

The space is 3600 square feet and the ceiling height is 20+ feet. We will be installing a spray on soundproofing system for the ceiling to reduce sound reflection.

I have been underwhelmed by the commercial systems that are sold for commercial applications. Can anyone suggest speaker systems and amplifiers that would deliver great sound?

The systems I have listened to are: (1) too bright, (2) too muddy with a significant loss of detail and (3) total lack of dynamic range.

We don't have an unlimited budget, maybe $5k to $7k for an amp and three sets of speakers.
jkeniley

Showing 2 responses by millicurie999

Slightly confused. Is the music for you when the restaurant is empty or the customers? If I am in a restaurant with people and all kind of activities, I don't think I will be listening critically for any music (unless they are too loud). So it seems to me money can be better spent elsewhere.

Having said that, if you want to impress your customers, Martin Logan will always invite admiration (if nothing else, just for the looks). I still remember many years ago, some stereo shop put a pair of Martin Logan in the food court of a Toronto shopping mall, people were mesmerized and couldn't understand how music can be coming from a perforated surface.
Jkeniley, we voiced our opinions and we are all curious. Let us hear from you again!!