Recommend speakers for a restaurant sound system

My company is opening a restaurant this summer. We want to install a great system that will be rugged enough to stand up to daily use but still deliver a great sound.

The space is 3600 square feet and the ceiling height is 20+ feet. We will be installing a spray on soundproofing system for the ceiling to reduce sound reflection.

I have been underwhelmed by the commercial systems that are sold for commercial applications. Can anyone suggest speaker systems and amplifiers that would deliver great sound?

The systems I have listened to are: (1) too bright, (2) too muddy with a significant loss of detail and (3) total lack of dynamic range.

We don't have an unlimited budget, maybe $5k to $7k for an amp and three sets of speakers.
jkeniley

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Check out the new restaurant to open in NYC by Daniel. NY Times did an article on it last Sunday. Mentioned was the outfit that did the sound system and how the music is programmed. I know, it is in the mega bucks league, but still you will pick up some good ideas. A must is a visit so you can see what mega expertise can do/buy.