Recommend speakers for a large living room

Hi, I am moving to a new apartment with a large living room (38" x 23", plus a dining area & kitchen). I am planning to have 2 different sitting areas given the size. Here is a picture of the floor-plan: https://ibb.co/J5szvj9

Everything is wood floors except on the blue squares where I plan to put carpet. I’ve been thinking of using omni-directional speakers (German Physiks Borderland) given the area is large and there are multiple listening locations. But I’d like to get some recommendations & also some ideas of where it would be best to place the speakers - so far my idea is to put them on the red circles.

My budget for speakers is ~$50,000.

dpal
IF you want a coherent soundstage from most any location in that large area, you would have to go omni: OHM, mbl, and GP being the three I would consider with your budget. For larger mbl models, you still might have to go used on a $50K budget. OHMs would have teh unique advantage among those of going closer to walls for WAF in a lived-in space as opposed to a dedicated listening room where placement far from walls needed for true omnis is more practical..

If it were me I’d go biggest baddest OHMs and call it a day. Those would be the 5000 series currently with 12" main drivers. THere is even a limited availability 5015 version of those with built in powered subs that would do it all if available for just over $10K or so. My F5s are similar size, one model generation older, and no powered subs built in but I run them off 500w/ch BEl CAnto ref1000m amps. The Ohm Walsh model decision will be totally objective, mostly based on your room size. All models have similar design and sound, its just a matter of how much you need to deliver the bass best in any particular room.

Sounds like you are in NYC area so you might have the extra advantage of being able to visit the factory in Brooklyn for an audition. In any case, a generous guaranteed in home trial period is provided and if you are local, would not even have to worry about absorbing any shipping charges so there would be essentially no risk to audition in your actual room.

IF you are in Baltimore/DC metro area, I'd be happy to provide an audition.  Would just need some advance notice to plan.

In any case, Good Listening!
I would suggest listening to 30.7 Maggies, their size would not over power the room and properly set up the sound is amazing.

There are many fine choices, and synergy with the amp is critical as you listen to the candidates, Good Luck!
https://www.muraudio.com/sp1 

I heard these Hybrid Electrostatics at AXPONA and they were excellent. With curved panels, dispersion and imaging were magnificent.  As I recall, they were well under your maximum.  Low WAF if I had to guess but the sound may just override that resistance, if you face that problem. 
You owe it to yourself to at least audition Vandersteen 7 ii's.  After listening to them, you may find a way to come up with a way to defray the cost of the balance between your budget and the actual cost of the 7's.
Focal Stella Utopias with Boulder amplification.
I have a large, difficult room and they fill it effortlessly. I am part of a soundsystem and domestically i require a powerful, but unfatiguing, musical sound with excellent PRaT, but also with texture and intimacy
The only alternative i might consider would be dipoles.
 Ime JBL's can be fatiguing