Recommend me a warm sounding 5 channel power amp

hi, i recently purchased a pair of monitor audio floorstanding speakers that i mated to a marantz 7007 receiver (used as a preamp in this scenario) and a rotel rmb 1095 power amplifier.
Anyhow, today i wanted to experiment to see how the speakers sounded when connected to the marantz unit and i actually liked the sound better that i heard from the marantz when compared to the rotel power amp. I find it more laid back and THAT is exactly why i am starting this thread. I want to purchase another amplifier and so far i have narrowed it down to the nad M25 or the parasound halo a52.
i would like everyone's recommendation on a warm sounding 5 channel power amp under $1500...
I have also thought about ATI, LEXICON,B&K COMPONENTS, but i dont have first hand experience with these...
Anyhow, let me hear any recommendations you might have :)

thank you
avcr79

Showing 4 responses by bo1972

Primare A30.5 version 2. Sound realism is superior to the Marantz sound. Drive and control is a lot better with the Primare. Marantz uses cheap transformer they give less amperage compared to Primare. Focus of voices and instruments is sharper also. And it can give a deep and wide stage. Marantz almost gives a flat stage. I sold Marantz for a long time. And I did hundreds of tests with Marantz. For me it is like 1 and 1 is 2. For me it is that simple!
NAD is since 2006 not natural/warm sounding anymore. It has a more cool sound these days. With a poor focus. I invested in 2007 in a lot of NAD amps at the shop which I run at that time. It was a bad decision I took.
Monitor Audio is a brand which makes exeptional good crossovers. Wenn you use the right amps you can create depth and even a 3-dimensional stage. Marantz is a 2-dimensional brand. You only can create depth wenn you use an amp and pre amp as weel which can give depth. I sold a lot of Monitor Audio. I also give shows with Monitor Audio. I tested many amps with Monitor Audio to see if the amp is a 2-dimensional ore 3-dimensional amp. Onkyo is the only brand in his price tag who can give depth. I sold it a lot with monitor Audio. Primare is also a warm sounding amp with a 3-dimensional image. Many of my customers use Onkyo with Primare. These two brands are superior to Marantz with Monitor Audio. For me it is that simple!
I am not talking about there digital amps. Those amps are based on Tact ( lyngdorf) I sold these as well. To be unnest I do not like them either. There was no brand which had so many problems with reliability as NAD. Even the new amps in our shop didn't work. Wenn I wanted to give a demo, they didn't do anything. I sold a Tact Millenium to one of my best friends. Wenn we did compare it with other amps you could hear what they miss. Individual focus of instruments and voices is average, not sharp as it should be. And the stage is not so deep and wide as other are in this price range.