Recent equipment you hated, thought overpriced

Enough with the glowing accounts and positivity. What equipment have you bought in the last couple of years that you either just hated or thought sounded good but was significantly overpriced? Dish it out.
jult52
I use Bybee and Shakti and some other quantum tweaks and they are all very effective.

Unless you use these items in your system your opinions are merely opinions. I prefer facts to opinions.
Audio oracle: I'm with you 100%. As far as Rolex-the last time they made a worthy timepiece-Jean-Claude-Killy was racing the tram at Chamonix!

Rolex are high-quality mass-produced watches and are priced like mass-produced watches. I believe their entry-level stainless is $6500 and you don't buy great watches for that amount of money. OTOH, they are often available pre-owned from Rolex dealers for half price or less, in which case, they are a somewhat sensible purchase, as they will last a lifetime.
08-25-12: Sabai
"I use Bybee and Shakti and some other quantum tweaks and they are all very effective.

Unless you use these items in your system your opinions are merely opinions. I prefer facts to opinions."

Clearly a textbook *opinion* lacking any shred of *factual* proof of effectiveness.

~
My vote would go to power conditioners and such products as well, as long as we are talking about an analog set up. They are not as harmful to a digital set up. I do run my gear through a surge protector to protect it, that's just common sense, but nothing beyond that.
Post removed