Receivers

Hi all!

Anyone would know which would be the best choice of these receivers below:

- Denon AVR 5803
- Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi
- ONKYO TX-NR1000

I am looking to upgrade my receivers but also looking for a used THX Ultra receiver. My speakeres are THX Ultra and wanted to get a THX Ultra receiver to match the THX sound.

Thanks for any advice!
mantaraydesign

Showing 2 responses by chaskelljr2001

"Mantaraydesign"

I second "Audiobyus1's" recommendations. If you are buying a receiver in the high-end of the market, I would go with a Denon, as well as either an Arcam or a Marantz.

Otherwise, as the lower end of the market, then it's either NAD, Onkyo, Yamaha (which is what I own for right now) and H/K (one of my favorites, and is thinking about going back to...... I am looking into their AVR-354 model and is rather serious about it...... High-End Sound for under $1K).

Good Luck and Happy Shopping.

--Charles--
"Mantaraydesign":

The Marantz SR8002 is not their NEW flagship receiver. That receiver has been out now for at least two years. We're waiting for Marantz to come out with a new flagship model that matches the rest of the models in the present line-up.

The rest of the present line-up (the 003 series) has rounded edges whereas the SR8002 still has the square and sharp edges.

It would be interesting to see what their new flagship receiver would look like when they finally bring one out.

--Charles--