Rebuilding Power Amplifier(s)

I have a couple of Metaxas Solitaire power amplifiers.
One amp is operating on both channels and the other has only one channel working.
They have been inspected by a repairer , who has refused to conduct any repairs as repair work has previously been conducted to a poor quality.
So I have now retrieved them and propose to refurbish myself.
- Its either that or just dispose of them.
My plan is to replace every discrete component  to original spec or better .
Now I have no experience of such work , but I can't see any great skill needed for such work.
Have I under estimated , not the quantity of work as I have plenty of time , but the complexity for a novice.
I'm interested in comments.
bobby1945
Depending upon the parts you should consider replacing the parts in both amps.

Pay close attention to the last paragraph of gs's post! In fact the whole post offers some really good advice.
The best pointers I can give is to measure the components on the board
and know the measurements of the new upgrade components .
And don't change any values . .
The don't change any values is critical for keeping original sound, example, if original caps are 85 degrees do not substitute with 105 degrees whatever a technician may say, new caps are much better today. Compare the original factory specs of parts to be changed to new ones, you can create an excel of what to substitute and compare the specs, this will give you a better understanding. Service manual is a must. Each step at a time and rather work at night.

G

Now I have no experience of such work , but I can't see any great skill needed for such work.
All I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!

https://liquidaudio.com.au/hall-of-shame/