Reasonably sensitive speakers for tube amps, max $2k/pair, new or used

While this topic has been covered before, I'm interested in both recent experiences with new products or anyone who just would like to chime in.

I have a couple friends interested in tube amps, lower wattage -- 40 wpc or below. Before they pull the trigger there, they need to find the best higher sensitivity speakers they can, hopefully at $2k or below, new or used.

QUESTION: What high sensitivity speakers would you recommend to them, new or used? What did you try and NOT like?
Characterizations of their sound, experience with a trial period, the company, etc. appreciated.

I'll pass the best answers and links along to them.
128x128hilde45
Monitor Audio Silver 300 - $2200/pair and less
Clean design, nice tech, bi-wire/bi-amp reedy. A lot to great reviews. 
@hilde45 

I've read through all the suggestions here and based on the fact that your friends have subs and are looking at "mid-powered" tubes I would have them talk to Fritz and see what they can work out.  He may in fact have some models that have been out for in home audition that he can work with them on. 
@jackd Thanks, good suggestion. Thanks to others, too! Monitors sound worth a try.
Room size? I’m not certain I would consider 40wpc push pull to be a flea watt. I own a 40wpc push pull and a 200wpc solid state. When I started out, i used both with some Dali speakers - I believe 86db - in a medium sized room. The 200w dial at 50% gave me the same loudness as the 40w dial gave me at 25%. I came out believing that 10w tube equals 100w SS. No idea why. For the record I now have a 20wpc and 7wpc tube SET amps with Omega’s, Lii Audio F-15 DIY open baffles, the Dali’s, wall mounted Waltz’s, and Klipsch Heresey’s. My 40wpc can drive any of them. My push pull is less revealing than my lower watt SET’s, so if that is typical I would say something more revealing in the high end and more detailed would be a better fit. Also, the bass can lean to the boomy side of things - which would lead me to believe a full range driver would be the best fit. I think if we knew more about the space it would be easier to recommend a specific speaker. The Klipsch Hereseys are fantastic, but with that amp the dial would never pass 1. They are loud. The open baffles DIY throw the best soundstage with my 40wpc, but they are very dependent on placement and room behind them. The omegas would probably be the best fit, unless you have the space. 
@zazouswing Room's about 22 feet x 14 feet x 8 feet. Omegas are an interesting idea. There's an Omega 7xrs set used for $800 on audiomart I was eyeing for my friends. Hmmm.