re-tipping Dynavector17D?

I have a Dynavector 17D that needs retipping. I am NOT interested in another cartridge.
I was wondering if anybody has had experience with re-tipping of this cartridge?
Any stories or experiences with re tipping good and or bad would be appreciated.
Who does this type of work?
What would be be the cost?
128x128joes44
I've just read the responses to my thread. and thanx BTW,
I noticed that I forgot to type in MKII in the title.
From what I could find out about the re-tipping experience from other threads;
It never sounds the same, understanding the mechanics of the procedure, size of the materials and such. I was hoping for it to be a simple matter of just mailing it back to Dynavector, paying for the work, and wait for it's return, and voila! good as new. Planned obsolescence I guess.
On entirely different matter, I bought the Delos, a 26 year difference between the two cartridges.
On my  first impressions, I found the Delos quite close to the 17D2. fast, articulate, clear detailed, dynamic, flat and such ect, ect. The only significant difference was a slight clarity in favor of the Delos.
Two different methods of mechanical philosophies, the Dynavector with its short diamond cantilever, the Delos with its "pre-angled dampers".
I'm happy with both. I'm just having a hard time on giving up on the 17D after soo many years of bliss.

If a well thrashed 26 year old Dynavector 17D2 is offering a similar level of performance to the Delos, then the 17D3 & 17DX would trounce it.

You should just go and buy the new 17DX - its a significant step up from the old D2. 

well informed member
from (Dutch) New Zeeland 
Chak, you frequently recommend the 17D2. As you know, it has been superseded by the 17D3, more than a decade ago or even two decades ago, and even the 17D3 has been discontinued and replaced by the 17DX
@lewm 
Thats probably because he's reached the limit on his old Luxman TT and vintage tonearm. If he got a better turntable and tonearm he could then begin to appreciate the performance improvements offered from newer improved cartridges a bit more. 

well informed member
from (Dutch) New Zeeland 
Dynavector has an exchange plan. In the case of this cartridge I would do that.

jperry
1,709 posts
07-24-2020 12:13pm
Dynavector has an exchange plan. In the case of this cartridge I would do that.

Thanx jperry, I will do that.