Re-review where to apply Power cables

Used to have my three power cables on PS Audio Power Plant, CD player and Pre-amp.
Recent new purchase makes me wonder if I should re-consider.which equipment gets the top cables
I have PS Audio P1000 Power Plant
CD Player with DAC
Tube pre-amp
Tube power mono-block
Golden ear Triton One - 2 subwoofers.

Basically 7 power cables.  4 will be manufacturer cable.  Which 3 get the premium cable?
Thank you.

dcaudio

Showing 1 response by adg101

Agree you have to just spend the time and experiment as there’s no solid rule that applies. I do start with source components first, then to preamp and end at the amp. Cables in my opinion are tone controls so you have to learn the sound or difference of each cable. Obviously with a large amp you should use the heaviest gauge PC there but that may not be as important if the electrical wiring in the wall is #14, whereas if you have 12 or 10 gauge it will make more of a difference on the amp. Room acoustics have a lot to do with how your equipment sounds and that’s where cabling can tune your system to what sounds right for you and you alone. Just going to have to experiment but if you’re looking for somewhere to start better cables on source and heavier PC on amps. 

Good of luck and take your time to enjoy the music.