RE: Outfitting AC to 220V in USA

I live in Hawaii and have the opportunity to purchase an ASR Emitter I amplifier (220V version) for bi-amping. My AC is currently at 120V but my electrician tells me he can run a dedicated 220V line from my dedicated audio circuit breaker to power the 220V amplifier. The amplifier's power cord has a standard 15 amp IEC and has what I believe to be a German Shuko two prong plug.

I contacted a business that specializes in selling European wall outlets, transformers, and outlets. The representative recommended that I pick-up a transformer to convert 220V to 120V to power the 220V amplifier.

I would prefer not to purchase a transformer and would rather (if possible) have an electrician install a dedicated 220V line and install a Shuko wall outlet, that will enable me to use the amplifier's power cord and go directly to the wall outlet. Is this possible? If so, does the standard German AC power line or shuko power cord have two positives, one neutral and one gorund OR two positives and one ground OR two positives and a floating ground?

If a transformer is the only alternative, can you provide me with a brief explanation why. I do not know if I will have phase problems.

I would appreciate your thoughts to my questions. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
hawaiikid

Showing 2 responses by hawaiikid

An update ....... A technician who sells European plugs and outlets informed me that I should purchase a transformer to convert from 220V to 120V. I was told European or overseas power has only one phase as opposed to USA with 3 phases.

Thanks to all for your assistance and thoughtful replies.
Jea48 ......... Thank you very much for your explanation. You are the first person to really explain this to me and I appreciate the time you took.