Raysonic CD168 connects directly to Power Amp

I have a Raysonic CD168 that connects directly to Sonic Frontiers Power 2 via XLR. I also have a SF SFL-2 pre-amp. Since the SFL-2 has no remote control, I opt to use the volume control of the CD168. I am not sure if that is a digital or analog volume control. Sonically, the CD player-to-Amp direct connection appears to be more transparent without loss of dynamics.

Anyone uses the Raysonic CD168 or CD228 to direct connect to power amp? What are the sonic differences in comparison with traditional connection via pre-amp?

Also, what's the best XLR cable for Raysonic CD? Thanks!
bryantho

Showing 1 response by bryantho

Dave and Samhar - Thanks for sharing.

My initial impression with direct connection to the amp was very positive. To confirm my impression, I should switch back to connecting the CD168 via the SFL-2.

I did not care for the original EH 6922. The 6DJ8 Bugle boy is very musical but the dynamic and focus is not as sharp as the Amperex Orange A frame. The next is to get the Amperex 6922 white label to try out.

The 6922 should run cooler than 6DJ8. In comparing the EH6922 with Amperex 6DJ8, they both are luke warm as I touch the aluminum surface. I can't tell much difference.