Raysonic CD-128. How good?

I have had been trialing this player for a week and am underwhelmed by the sound quality. It is very smooth; has reasonable detail but is let down by a lack of dynamics. Seems a pity given its build quality. Has anyone had any experience with this player and would like to comment?
raymondr

Showing 1 response by transnova

When I first heard the Raysonic my impressions were the same as yours.I was looking to replace my Consonance Droplet with something less cumbersome(to make room for a Turntable on the top shelf of my rack).When I saw the Raysonic at my dealer I fell in love! I A-B'd it against the Consonance Forbidden City player(Turandot) and purchased the Consonance.I found the Raysonic to lack life,&sparkle.There was no "magic." We did the comparison with a DK integrated,Granite Audio amp&pramp,Hyperion and Von Schweikert speakers.Several months later I went to my dealer(Quest For Sound) to hear the Jas Orsis and Soliloquy 6.3i speakers.I loved the sound of both and eventually purchased the Soliloquys .I was shocked to find out that we were listening to the Raysonic.All the "magic" was there!!! It was paired with the Raysonic integrated amp.I attributed the change to system synergy(different room,amp,speakers and cable)but Steve(owner of Quest felt that the lengthy break-in was just as important.I had previously heard it the day he had set the Raysonic up.