Raven Nighthawk Mk 3.1 vs Cronus Magnum III

Both American made, same price point where the former is rated at 20 wpc the latter 100.

Which would you choose and why? Or might you look elsewhere, say the Parasound Hint 6?

Thanks for the thoughts.  

128x128sj00884

It’s easy enough to compare the two if you’ve owned both.

I agree!

avanti1960, Has owned the Nighthawk and Blackhawk and the Rogue Cronus Magnum II.

@sj00884 
Sorry if there was confusion with my statement above. The standard stock preamp tubes that come with the Rogue are ok but I preferred to replace them with tubes that suit my tastes. I tried several types before settling on my current selection of tubes. You may prefer the sound of the stock tubes in your system. There is no “ better or clearly inferior when having stock tubes”. It’s a matter of taste and system synergy.

For example, I purchased the Primaluna Dialogue Premium integrated amp several years ago and replaced their stock preamp tubes. At the time I preferred using NOS Cifte preamp tubes but when I purchased the Rogue, the Cifte tubes sounded a bit too bright for my tastes. Each piece of equipment is designed differently so there is no one size fits all.

@tsushima1 My statement concerning the Raven had nothing to do with preferring the Rogue even with stock tubes. The Raven amps comes with choices of premium NOS tubes and some with additional costs. This may give the Raven an advantage but given those choices there is no way to know how it would sound in your system. As I stated above it’s a matter of taste and system synergy. 

Best wishes in your search.