Raspberry Pi Allo? Streamer DAC DIY
I have a vacation coming up and wanted to get some parts together to build a streamer/dac on the Raspberry Pi platform. Not married to the Pi but seems like a cost effective and fun way to go. I have seen the ALLO products and HiFiBerry, and Pecan Pi, but I am not overly familiar with process- but technical enough to attempt.
- Coax (must have)
- Toslink (really nice to have- almost must have)
- USB (must have)
- HDMI (Nice to have)
- Ethernet (Must have)
- Wireless (Nice to have)
- RCA (must have)
- XLR (really want but could forego)
- Coax (in case want to eventually just use as streamer)
- Volume control (Nice to have)
- Separate Power/possibly battery (ALLO Isolator) (Nice to have)
- I like the idea of a standard aluminum case but flexible and willing to build my own.
I currently do not stream beyond Pandora, but am ready to go that route. I also have a ton of CDS and little time nor interest in ripping the CDS to a drive at this point.
So here is my question to the group of techies- what parts do you recommend I buy to do this and meet most of the above? Thanks in advance for your help.