Raised Towers

This might be silly...but...has anyone messed with putting towers on a stand or table? What were your thoughts? How did it affect sound? 

secretguy

There are speakers out there that are better than some Magnepans. Which Maggie do you have?

It is not a dumb idea… and there are speakers out there you would enjoy more, like @russ69 said.

Of course I do because I often imagine bad things happening before I act. Maybe this is a silly habit of mine

Dino Game

I admit to putting Martin Logan SL3 electrostatics (&10" woof) on wooden dining room chairs, exactly where they normally sat on the carpet. Everything up 20".

Of course this was only during semi-free-for-all at-home parties we threw in my thirty's.  Otherwise I was civilized and sat down, along with the speakers...

Same history as above; planars for a long time, then good dynamic boxes, then great boxes. I also feel, adding up everything, they provides the least compromise.

I have a pair of older Genesis Genre I in a secondary system.  They are sloped back, which should tip the soundstage up but I always felt the images were lower than natural.  I put them on cinder blocks in my previous apartment and this did improve the sound in my opinion. I didn't import those cinder blocks to my new place so the Genesis speakers now sit on the floor and sometimes I'm keenly aware of they'd sound better if I put them back up on blocks.  So, it can be beneficial in some circumstances.