Radiohead, Night 2 Toronto

Finally got to see my fav group Radiohead last night in TO. Amazing concert in a relatively small venue ... good acoustics. Never expected they would sing Fake Plastic Trees.

I don't think I can ever listen to them again on disc on my system.
thom_y
Dogpile,

The light and stage set up was fairly simple and modern. If you go to the news on pitchforkmedia.com you can see a picture of the stage:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/features/live/r/radiohead-06/

Above the band were those multiple, polygonal white screens on top of which multiple, distorted, black and white videos of the band members were projected on each screen. At one point, Thom Yorkes face was dissected into little pieces which were projected on each screen ...(e.g. his eye on one etc.) That was the most effective. Otherwise not a lot of special effects. Johnny stood far off to the right of the stage, but was amazing. The sound back at row V was great, although I have never been a fan of the Hummingbird centre (O'Keefe). Luckily for opera fans, the new Opera house opens this weekend. I don't know why they picked that venue, as opposed to other 'small' venues for this mini tour.

As for the solo album, you can torrent a copy of the leaked version on the internet (torrentspy.com), so you don't have to wait to July to hear it. Typical Nigel Goodrich production.
When does the new Radiohead album come out? And I live just outside of the GTA, I heard nothing of this concert.
Lush,

You should check pitchforkmedia.com daily to get the lowdown on various tours, new CDs etc. The Radiohead concerts in Toronto, Montreal, with 2 nights in each city were announced just a little over a month ago. The tickets sold out instantly on fan site and then again on ticketmaster.com. Tickets went on sale first week of May. Remarkably, they ended up on ebay instantly.

The news is that Radiohead will not be releasing any album this year. That is despite the fact that they have been recording the last year and have a lot of new unreleased songs. Their concert is featuring a lot of this new music. They are currently without a record contract, which is great as I am glad they are leaving EMI. Probably EMI would have copy controlled their new CD. Thom Yorke will be releasing his solo CD in July.
radiohead 6-8-06 toronto can be downloaded[legal..they are ok with audience taping and trading..no selling of their shows.] at dimeadozen.org
instructions are located at site
Thanks for the headsup. Unfortunately, dimeadozen is over subscribed and I can't join up now. I did get a few torrents at another site for the June 8 show.