R.E.M. - "Automatic for the People"

Hi All,

I am wondering about R.E.M. "Automatic for the People" on vinyl. I can pick this Lp up at Amazon Canada for under $18 and ships free. They cannot tell me whether the pressing of this Warner Music Lp is American or from the UK. I have read over and over that the American pressing is sub-standard compared to the UK or German pressings. They also cannot tell me whether this is a re-issue or original.

Mint UK or German copies of this are mostly available from the other side of the water and with shipping, getting very costly. Too much for my bank account.

I went onto the UK Amazon site and they have the same listing ASIN number for their version of this Lp. So maybe they are all being manufactured at the same place - but where is that?

So, does anyone know if this Amazon Canada offering is American or UK; and if American, what the sound quality is like? Sounds great or stay away from it?

Thanks very much,
cat9
My go-to sites for questions like this woulde be Steve Hoffman Forum and Discogs.
My go-to sites for questions like this woulde be Steve Hoffman Forum and Discogs.
Roscoeiii

+1
I discovered that site about a year ago. Fantastic place.
Thanks All,

I got some great feedback on the Hoffman forum.
I will not be purchasing the Lp from Amazon.
I will be patient and wait for an original German or UK pressing.

Enjoy!

cat9
my opinion is when someone who is selling vinyl has more excuses than answers to your inquires pass. This means to me they are not people that know their stock,their in it for the moola. You made the right descision but you don't need me to tell you that.