"NEWEST'" Favorite album

Stop the press!!! Tom Petty's new album "MOJO" is a MARVEL!! Congrats to him & the hearbreakers!
128x128tjnif
Ben Howard's album New Kingdom is one for the ages. A true masterpiece! If you like singer song writers in the vain of David Grey you will love this album
a couple i'll toss in:

talk talk--spirit of eden. always thought of these guys as middleweight duran duran wannabes, but this record, however, is incredible--trippy, intense, hypnotic. i bet radiohead spent alot of their formative years listening to this one.

aimee mann--charmer. like her last few, i didn't like this at first--too many synthesizers and bitter midtempo diatribes--but it's really grown on me. she's damn smart, if cheerless, and she still writes the best hooks in the business. "barfly" and "labrador" are great songs.

shoes--ignition. i expected that (like the recent dbs and feelies) this would capture the sound but not the essence of these 80s icons, but it's surprisingly good guilty- pleasure guitar pop, as if they haven't aged in the 30 years since they started making records.
I'm the guy who's been posting about Flipper, and my sincere new favorite cds are John Foxx's Cathedral Oceans (all three) and the Stephan Mathieu/Taylor Deupree collab, Transcriptions. And also Matheiu's Radioland.

Also getting back into David Byrne's The Catherine Wheel. Old fave, new fave.
Call me crazy but my favorite so far is Diana Krall’s “Glad Rag Doll”. Fortunately TBone Burnett didn’t muddy up the sound like he has a tendency to do.