"break-in" period? . . . how to

Maybe an easy question for you but need to ask: if I have a new product and want to pass the "break-in" period fast, I have to rum the unit (amp, preamp, or any other) 24/7 until the expected time passes but...if is a new preamp is it neccesary to connect it to an amp?, and if its an amp, must be connect it to the speakers? volume almost oof or higher?, what I dont know if the information must flow to the next step in the chain or just to be proceessed in the same unit? Silly question but not clear in my mind.
Thanks in advance.
jorsan

Showing 2 responses by jaf2290

if you need to break in preamp, amp cables, speakers, etc...simplest way is as you stated, put ina cd on repeat and let it play. no need for high volume...can set volume on 50 for example, if volume goes to 100. there are burn in products to speed things up, but these are for cables...my eperience is most gear sounds about 80% after 120 hrs or so, then usualy 100% by 300 hrs.
hey avg guy, what kind of Silver speaker cables were they? imm running in a pair right now that were made for me from a small company overseas..javaudio.