Quicksilver V4 or Rogue M-150, Hurricane,CJ 60SE

Talking about mid price tube amplifiers, which ones of these four models Quicksilver V4(120w), Hurricane 200(200w);Rogue M-150(150w) and CJ MV60SE(60w) have the best sound for you, and the best relation price/sound quality.
Also, happy to know if you have a good alternative to this quartet.
Thanks
emigene

Showing 2 responses by bkonig

I have tried various quicksilvers. Never liked them. Too tubey sounding and lacking in transparency and resolution. I am also not a fan of CJ. CJ in my opinion does not have the transparency and purity of other designs. Sounds somewhat grainy and velied compared to other designs. Years ago, some friends owned CJ amps and pre-amps (including myself). Each time, the CJ was replaced by ARC, VTL, VAC, Amtosphere, etc. They way outperformed the CJ equipment. I never heard the Hurricanes but heard about reliability issues. I never heard the Rogue amp (did not like the rogue Magnum 66 preamp - purchased it for my dad and sold it immediately - replaced it with a vintage ARC which was much better in his system). I like VTL and love the Manley stuff. Sounds very musical with excellent transparency, soundstaging, tonality, etc. The Manley Snappers are a great value. They are amongst the best in that price range.
Clamps2000 - I am an audiophile and music lover first and foremost. I've been an audiophile for over 25 years and recently got into the business due to my passion for the hobby. My criteria is that I am a very critical listener and am used to high resolution systems. CJ and Quicksilver are not bad. They sound nice on their own. However, when you get to the point when you desire more (more clarity, purity, dimensionality, focus, resolution, etc) and investigate and discover other superior designs, you see that some of audio is hype and opinions of some people that just don't get it.
Although I am a dealer, I only represent brands that I truely believe in. BTW - I recommended VTL and I am not a dealer for that brand.