Quicksilver Mono 120 vs. Quicksilver V4

Curious if anyone has compared the newer Quicksilver Mono 120 with the Quicksilver V4 (pre KT150 version)?  

Both have similar specs and both are rated for at 120 watts into 4 or 8 ohms.

Thanks
128x128jb45
For QS 8417 owners, another option at QuicksilverAudio.com Q&A page:

http://quicksilveraudio.com/questions-and-answers/

You no longer have 8417 tubes, what do I do with my 8417 Mono Amplifiers?

Quote:
"For $250/pair (plus cost of new tubes), we can modify your amplifiers to use EL34 output tubes by changing the front end circuitry and the bias circuitry. We also replace the 12BH7 with a 6922.This modification must be done at Quicksilver and comes with a one year warranty. For original owners of Quicksilver 8417 amplifiers we will give you $900 trade-in toward a pair of new Mid Mono Mono Amplifiers. Returned amplifiers should be complete, with tubes, but do not need to be in working condition.",
unquote.

noromance -- My sad-happy tale.  A bit peeved at the idea of keeping the Quickie fed with fussy, short-lived, no-longer-manufactured 8417s, I decided to simplify my life and shop for an integrated.  I tested a variety of them at various hi-end stores in the L.A. area, taking home samples ranging from the latest tech to the outright Medieval.  I wound up at  Kevin Deal's Upscale Audio, which  wasn't far away from where I lived.  I drove back to my house with an EL-34 tubed PL.  It sounded shockingly good.  It pushed all my emotional buttons.  "And he lived, I hope, happily ever after."
I find it weirdly disloyal in some way for you to have moved from Quicksilver after all those years. Did you compare them to the PL and decide against them?
Forgive me for waxing nostalgic but I ran a pair of Quicksilver Monos for many years (damn, I can't remember what preamps I coupled the Quickies with).  At the time I lived less than five miles from Mike Sander's house, so it was no problem getting silver-quick replacements for those soulful if highly neurotic 8417 output tubes. Don't look at them funny!  At any rate, I eventually lost my patience with the ever-increasing cost of buying matched 8417s and bought a Primaluna Prologue One integrated.  Been happily out of the amp trade-up game ever since.
Greetings, Great amps,
 We offer both Quicksilvers V4 and M120 amps here for a side by side comparison Audio Connection. Verona NJ
 Best JohnnyR
I have had the Quicksiver M120s in my system for going on 2 years, replacing a pair of 20 year old VTL MB125s that were starting to have issues and love them. I use them with a Lamm LL2.1 preamp powering a pair of Wilson Audio Sophias and do not miss the more than twice as expensive VTLs. As far as the differences between the M120 and the V4s would be a question for Mike Sanders at Quicksilver, who I have found to be a breath of fresh air and very accessible, give him a call. Also the M120s use 2 kt150s and the V4s use 4. Enjoy the music.
My friend replaced his ARC HD220 ( hybrid ) with the QS 120’s. With his Proac D48r’s they are outstanding!
Don,
 We just did a Quicksilver Integrated 4 EL 84s per channel,
 with a pair of the latest Klipsh Forte III  12 x 14 room with super results.
 Johnny Hartman was playing back well in magic form.
 Best JohnnyR
 Audio Connection
bump- anyone hear the NEW Sixty Watt Mono Amp. Retail is $3K equipped with KT 88, and also available with KT 150. Has anyone heard these, or a different Quickie, with high efficient horns. 
I had V-4's with 3A Sigs & two 2Wq subs the sound was very enjoyable. They were easy to run and problem free, great amps.
Randy is the man I went often to visit, listen and learn. I've purchased cables, my Basis 2500, Air Tight PC 1 and all kinds of AudioQuest wire from Randy.
Randy at Optimal Enchantment in Santa Monica has extensive experience w Quicksilver...suggest a call...he has been a trusted advisor to me for many important system decisions...
I have heard the original v4 that were 135 w or something like that and they are great .  Would love to hear the 120's.... I am sure they are great.  The new 60 watt Quicksilvers are more my speed.  I own a pair of Mid Monos and would buy another Quicksilver in a heartbeat.  They are great amps.  Look past the plain exterior, they are built like a tank , are super reliable , and sound great.  Huge value for the $$$
This is an older thread. But am resurrecting it. Love to hear if people have compared the two yet. 
+1, Hard to go wrong with the V-4's. Had them in SE and Balanced version.  They get the tone right, which I think some designers may be losing touch with. I have not had the opportunity to hear the Mono 120's.
I have Quicksilver V-4 amps and they sound great with all speakers I have used with them. They run cool for tube amps, and it is easy to adjust bias, which I check occasionally and does not usually require adjustment. I have not heard the Mono 120, but would guess it sounds similar.
I have the exact same question. I dealer told me that the mono 120's sound fantastic, but the did not have the v4's for a direct comparison. Hope somebody in the forum can help.

Thanks,
R