Questions for Soliloquy fans

I was about to buy a pair of Monitor Audio Silver S6($1000 MSRP) which is pretty good for me for now, but then I thought that it'll be a while before I get a speaker upgrde, so that I decided to go extra at this time.

I hear only great things about Soliloquy speakers, so I'm doing some more reasearch on it.

I'm particulary interested in 5.3 that matching size mid/bass woofer center and satllite speakers available

Here are questions
so, how's 5.3 vs 6.2 vs 6.3?
is double 5.25" mid/bass woofer on 5.3 'big' enough?
also, I see some variations on the model naming, ie 5.3, 5.3i, 6.2s, etc..., what are the latest? what are the differences?

Looks like their website is not even up to date.

Also, what are the alternatives worth comparing to Soliloquy

Thanks

eandylee

Showing 1 response by boss302

Let me start this by saying In haven't listened to alot of speakers. BMW 808's come to mind. My room is 35 x 15 x 8 with the speakers placed 58" from the wall and 32" from the side. These are the Solioquy 6.3's. Bought in Sept. of "03. These are fantantistic speakers!!! These little 6.5" drivers really give you alot of emotion in bass, mid-range and upper's with this room. I'm using a 1970's JVC 30 watt dual mono class A amp with a Krell pre that is wonderful with this system. Give the Soliloquy a listen.
Greg