questions about tubes - to experts

I'm new in tubes (just recently bought first tube component ever), so I have some questions. I discovered Electro Harmonics company, how good are their tubes ?
Much worse them the best from what I had read here on Audiogon Western Electric, better them Sylvania, Swietlana... ?
For example is EH 300B worse them a few time more expensive Western Electric 300B ?
What is a difference between NIB pair of WE 350B and pair of WE 350B ? What NIB stands for ?
sorlowski

Showing 1 response by c123666

Try the Sophia mesh or the JJ mesh; same tubes. They are as good as the current production Western Electrics and are excellent values. Original Western Electrics are simply too much money for a NIB pair in sealed boxes if you can find them .

The Sophia Princess 300b is wonderful and does sound a bit better than standard 300b but at a cost. Different transformers and overall design are required AND they make around 5 watts with a conservative design where they are not overdriven. I am thinking of having an amp built around the Princess as the power is fine for me as I use 96db/8 ohm Galante speakers. Hard to tell if these tubes will be available in a few years as they are not advertised very well other than on the Sophia site.