Question on my DAC

I have an ARC LS27 preamp and recently bought a used Bryston BDA-2 DAC which improved sound quality significantly. Oh so satisfying...
However, I have a question about sampling rates: I stream music from Deezer and the new Amazon HD streaming service. It seems no matter what I stream, including remastered recordings etc, the sampling rate stays at 44.1Khz. There is also an LED that indicates it's "locked".  I can push a separate "upsampling" button, but the lock remains in place and also stays at 44.1KHZ. I don't see any "unlock" buttons and the user manual doesn't give a lot of information on that subject.  My source is a Bluesound vault and I use the coax output.
Again, I love the sound this thing produces so I'm not searching for better quality, just curious about how the sampling is supposed to work.
Thanks!
128x12861falcon

Showing 1 response by f917025

you can get some free samples at hdtracks of 24/96
when you play a digital file on the pc regardless of the vault the player(winamp or whatever you use) should indicate the sample rate
try to contact the seller ask him about it
is it possible not to use coax? try another input(usb,optical) 
the vault and bda2 are really nice products that should play up to 24/192 with no problems.hope this helps