Question : Matching with B W 803 speaker

Dear Mr./Ms.,

Hello, My name is Kim and live in UK.
I'm considering to buy a set of amp(integrated or parated).
Currently, I have B&W Nautilus 803 speaker so I want to buy the best matching amp for B&W 803.
But, unfortunately, I don't have enough information about amps which fit with B&W 803.
What I have been tried so far was collecting information from several magazine such as "stereophile" and "what hi-fi". As you know, those magazine doesn't have any comments about amps which fit with B&W 803.
More worse, I didn't have chance to listen many amps.
Those are reasons I'm sending this mail on this site.
I usually listen classical music, ballads and jazz. Not frequently but sometimes I listen pop.
Some people says Linn or Naim is the best matching but some other people says Krell or Mark Levinson is the best.
The amps that I consider in my mind(ofcourse these are from some of magazines) are as below.
- If Integrated,
VAC(Avatar), YBA(Integre DT), Krell(KAV500i),
or Mark Levinson(No383s)
- If Seperated,
Bryston(BP20, 7B-ST), Advantage(S2, S250),
Krell(KAV250P, KAV250A),
Audible Illusion(Modulus 3A)+Cary (CAD-300SE Sig),
Meridian(518)+Audio Research(VT100 MKII)
or Sonic Frontiers(Line2, Power2)
Would you please suggest me any of above amp?
Or, would you let me know what amp(maker and model) is the best mathing with B&W 803?
I don't care if amp is integrated or separated.
Any other than above list also would be appreciated.
My bugget for amp is between 5000 ~ 15000 USD.

Regards,

KIM.
tgkim3ae9

Showing 1 response by psjulian

First, as Sam of Stereophile states, stay away from tubes. The N803's have a beautiful sound without the need for tubes. They will make solid-state sound wonderfull.I have listened to the 803's for hours both in the salon and in my room, with tube and solid-state gear from Mac. and Papworth. Solid-state from Densen, Bryston, Krell, Marsh, Rotel, and Mark Levinson. I traded in my C-J for the Mark Levinson #383. MAGIC!!! By the way, how big is your room? My room is on the small side. 12'9'' wide 15' deep 8' high. So I tried the N804's. Same great sound but a better voice in my room. So I used the money saved to go with better speaker wires. I hope this helps. Peace and good listening. Salty Dog.