I've had one for 10 years with no issues of any kind
8 responses Add your response
The built-in voltage meter on my balanced conditioner (different brand) shows an 8 volt drop when turned on - and then returns to normal. It's never damaged any of my components. If only the lights on that same circuit flickered, then that makes sense. If your entire household flickered out, something is amiss. Bad wiring can be very dangerous. It's best to consult a professional electrician.
I have two Platinum Power PP-1 high current balanced power conditioners and have never had a problem and I live in NM which has brief daily thunderstorms starting this time of year. I know my PP-1's have in-rush current protection that does just that on power-up in addition to the 20 amp mains magnetic circuit breaker on the unit of which I think the BPT also employs on their units.
I myself wouldn't be worried about any equipment damage from the BPT or any balanced power transformer unit.