Question about streamer to "serve" 2 systems

I am 100% CDs guy now.... have dedicated stereo in my basement room but also a decent 5.1 system in my Living room but that's mostly for watching TV....
I want to finally try streaming....but the way I want to do it is as follows:
- Keep my main / critical listening to CDs but also be able to access my music from my other rooms / outdoor patio
The way I am thinking of doing it:
- Buy something like the Wadia M330 (see them used for ~ $1600) - set it up in my main system - connect via XLR to my preamp and use it for listening to internet radio / streaming / trying new artists on my main system while I am in my dedicated room.
- Run about 35 feet SPDIF (do they even sell them that long???) from the Wadia to my SONY ES received in the living room and just power it on remotely and then I'd have the ability to also listen to my music in the living room or outside (zone 2 speakers) if I just want some music playing in the background...

Is that do-able ?
Would Wadia M330 be a good choice for under $2000 or would your recommend something else?
If there are no 35 feet SPDIF cables...could I used ST-ST computer fiber channel cable or would I need to run something else ? I don't think it's good to run such long unbalanced interconnect (RCA).

thank you
ether
I think I just answered one of my questions....seems that TOSLINK connections shouldn't exceed 30ft.... so that may be too short.
AS mentioned....my main stereo system is in my basement which is under my Living room and I already have some cables running through the floor/wall....they are about 35 ~ 40ft long..... thus I was thinking about running the TOSLINK in the same conduit. 
Not sure how else I would be able to connect the streamer to my receiver....I thought fiber doesn't really have limitation on the length...
How about some Bluesound Node’s?
I use them to connect my office (2nd floor) to my main system (LR 1st floor).
They use wireless connections. The newest model can utilize the 5ghz band. (But, added a Netgear adapter to-utilize the 5ghz network-to my Node 1’s, and they function perfectly- and at a fraction of the cost, since I bought used)
You could also use Ethernet cable to connect two systems.
Bob
Thanks for the tip.... Just looked it up...never heard of this...
 however, not sure how that would work since the Node doesn't actually store any files.... I would like to be able to access my ripped CDs from my Living Room.... 
Can the Node accept USB connected HDD and stream from it ??