Question about Pass Labs X 350.5 meter

Please, I bought this new amplifier sealed) and is connected (stand-by mode by 5 days.
I noticed that when I push the front panel button to activate the amplifier (to listen music!) the
lights will come on and the meter that refletting the bias take about 2 minutes to go between one-third and half way up reflecting the bias.
I ask this because with the previous that I had (Pass X 250.5) when I push the front pannel button the meter was positioned immediately.

a)It 's normal?
b) In "stand by" mode the amplifier run not warm, it's ok? ( Pass 250.5 run quite waem in "stand by mode !)
My system

Linn Lp 12/Linn Ikemy Cd Player/Pass XP20/Kimber Ks 1130/Pass X 350.5/Kimber Ks 3038/JM Lab Utopia "Utopia"
maurjmusic

Showing 1 response by unsound

With apologies to Maurjmusic, Terrycollins, that depends on the output of your cd player. The standard cd output is 2 volts, but some cd players have considerably higher output. On the other hand the Pass amps have a rather low input impedance, tends to work best with true balanced inputs (available, but a bit unusual in passive systems). All in all the Pass X 350.5 doesn't appear to be a typically ideal candidate for a passive system.