Question about Azur 640c Version 1 and a DAC

I own a Cambridge audio Azur 640c version 1. I am thinking of adding the Musical Fidelity Xdac, XPSU, along with my X-10 tube buffer. The MF and Azur 640C both were produced in 2004. My question is, using the 640C as a transport, will the MF trio give me that much more detail and better sound quallity? I use an NAD C370 integrated with Sonus speakers, REL sub, and cardas cross cabling. I plan on upgrading the integrated in the next year or so. SHould I upgrade the integrated first, and skip the DAC, or is the DAC a smart purchase?
phoenix469

Showing 1 response by nuguy

From what I have been told, combining transports and dacs can be hit and miss. I think attaining a great synergy is a trial and error thing. I'm SURE people will disagree. I didn't want to go that route, so I picked up the Cambridge 840c. (24bit 384khz dacs). It has 2 sets of balanced inputs and balanced outs, also you can utilize it's converters by running to one of the two digi ins. Great unit, relatively inexpensive and has the detail you are looking for.
I know I didn't answer your question, but it may be something to consider.....good luck!