Quantum Science Audio Thread

This is a thread for those who wish to discuss Quantum Science Audio products of all types.
tommylion
‘Lumin U1 & Paul Hynes SR5 PSU. I am very surprised, but Yellow and Purple did not bring significant changes’

Thru my time of upgrading fuses starting with the Hi Fi Tuning Supreme and the SR reds I have noticed the Streamer is the least sensitive to fuse upgrades. 
Power amps and Pre’s make the biggest jump in my experience. 
Ozzy-
But, I do have to wonder what could possibly make the QSA fuses improve the sound quality.

Also Ozzy- 
I just received my red QSA fuse today. I also applied the 1260 to the end caps.

So there you go, something like 1260 can make them better. Doesn't even have to be end caps or wire. Can just be something added, like under the paper. 

Or on the outside. Ever notice the gray gob on all the SR fuses? Same gray gob on their outlets too, by the way. Look at the more expensive QSA fuses. Notice they have stuff stuck on the outside. Almost like they need to add more secret sauce and so stick it on the outside.  

The secret sauce is exactly what it is too by the way. Yes they can zap em with a million volts. Yes they can cryogenically treat them. Yes they can use all kinds of alloys and coatings and special materials and means of bonding it all together.  

Yes to all of that stuff. Which is why it is sort of puzzling to me why anyone wonders what they can be doing? With all these things to choose from the real question would seem to be what are they NOT doing! 🤣

PPT by the way was a prime example of this. Total Contact was just some goop you spread around. Mats were the same goop only applied to a refrigerator magnet. AC outlet covers, RCA grounding plugs, all the various doo-dads were just that- doo-dads. All just different delivery methods, different ways of getting the goop where it will do some good.

This is what I was saying some time ago about this being a new Golden Age of sound. People are just now starting to figure out the real magic isn't really in the wire. Current, volts, all these crude numbers we all think mean so much, they are every bit as primitive as I have been saying. The real magic is in the fields. That is where the real music happens. 

Frank I think knows what I'm talking about. He's got his field control goop all over the place. There is nothing else like it. Anyway, that is "what could possibly make the QSA fuses" (and a lot of other stuff) "improve the sound quality."
I agree with tommylion in the comparison with the QSA light blue and the SR Orange. When I swapped the Orange treated with PPT paste out of my dac for the light blue it was instantly better in every way. The amount of detail retrieval while still being very musical and tube like in its tone and presence just makes for me a no brainer between the two, especially given the QSA blue is less than half the price of the Orange.

I've moved on to a yellow and now a violet in the dac and everything keeps getting better with more realism and a musically engaging experience. I have a violet on order to put in my preamp and also ordered a light blue for my Add-Powr Wizard to try.

Would like to try one of their receptacles to compare to the Furutech NCF's that I've been using for the last several years.
t_ramey,

Can you elaborate on the improvements you heard going from the Light Blue to Yellow in your DAC?

My experience has been when going from the light blue to the yellow and the violet you just get more of everything that you get with the blue. More presence and a sense of a deeper soundstage while still having the tube like musicality and tone the blue gives you. Instruments and vocals have more realism too as you go up

When I told Mike the violet was already making me want to try a red he said in his opinion the biggest jump in performance among the fuses was going from violet to red. Thankfully the 90 day trade up program allows a little bit of time to make that decision.