Quantum Science Audio light blue fuse; $71, what a bargain!

I wanted to start a new thread about the more affordable versions of these fuses. I don’t doubt that the higher end versions are amazing, but most of us aren’t very likely to be able to hear them for ourselves. Fortunately, pretty much anyone who is serious about building a musically enjoyable and engaging system can get a good taste of what they’re all about.

I’ve had the light blue QSA fuses ($71) in my CD transport and DAC for over two weeks, now. They replaced SR blue fuses, at around twice the price, and easily bettered them. I am expecting one more light blue tomorrow, to replace an SR orange in my amp. I’ll give an update on that, once I get it installed and listen.

Meanwhile, here are a couple quotes from my posts on the other thread:

“What I am hearing is; voices & instruments are more solid and lifelike, with increased natural detail and sense of space, better dynamics, and a more relaxed overall sound.”

“Just got in a second light blue fuse for my DAC. So far, more of the same improvements I got in my CD transport. Very nice!😃 One thing I appreciate is the break in seems to be pretty quick, without any of the nasties you get with some other stuff. Pop it in, and you’ll hear improvements in short order, at least that’s been my experience.”

I am continuing to greatly enjoy what these fuses bring to my system, and am really looking forward to getting the last one in my amp.

tommylion
Okay. I’ve ordered a 6 pack of Stones. 258.00. Should be interesting because I might be the only one trying them without the accompanying fuses.

Thanks Tommylion for starting this forum topic , just came across it yesterday.  I will be ordering some of these fuses based on the comments vs the Synergistic  orange fuses which I have in everything.

I am still interested in someone reporting the difference between the yellow and violet fuses . Anyway some new fuses will be coming up north of your border.
Cheers!
Among the things the QSA stones have brought to my system, one that stands out is the distinct improvement in PRAT or musical flow. I find my toes tapping, start dancing in my seat, or even get up and dance, more. Reminds me of the original Naim NAIT integrated amp I had early on in my audiophile adventures. There was definitely something special about that amp, in terms of PRAT. I particularly notice this with U2's War album, one of my favorites from those days.
I only have the red stones at the moment and I agree the PRAT is great and infectious. My wife wants to dance when she hears the music which in turn gets me out of my seat. 

I have several amps I like to rotate in and out of the system from tube to solid state and since the red stones have been placed at my breaker panel I notice each amp sounds really good. To the point of I feel like "this is as good as it gets" kinda good, until the next amp gets put in...

My third yellow and first purple fuses arrive today. I'm going to try and start with my dac as it has a light blue already and switch it out for the yellow, then the purple after several days.