QSA Power Jitter Power Conditioner, anyone tried it?

I’ve got a Yellow one on order. Has anyone else tried it? I have the QSA stones in several places in my system. I tried the light blue fuses, and liked them, but ended up replacing them with the SR purples. This Power Jitter seems like a good way for someone who is is open to these kind of tweaks, but doesn’t want to mess around with fuses, to try QSA.

tommylion

thespeakerdude nails the 3 pointer with seconds on the shot clock!

Everyone can spend their money the way they want to...and hear what they want to hear.

nuff said

t_ramey,

The duplex my yellow is plugged into is a standard cheapo one, so I can’t help you there. For what it’s worth, Tweek Geek says they work well with the QSA outlets, and provide additional benefit.

Obviously, I was hoping for improvements with the Power Jitter, but I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was surprised by the magnitude of what I heard right out of the gate, I can only speak about what I heard in my already highly tweaked, and, IMO, great sounding system. I was listening critically, looking for downsides, but I couldn’t find any. I heard improvements across the board, in all the areas that are important to me. This could change with further break in and listening, we’ll see.

tablejockey, thespeakerdude,

Yes, clearly QSA didn’t make these from scratch, they took an already existing item and added their special sauce. How is that relevant to what the final product does, or doesn’t, do in the context of one’s own system?

Unfortunately the negative nellies are out in force as usual with tweaks. What bothers me is these individuals don’t even bother to try what they put down. Maybe their systems or ears just don’t make the grade so they wouldn’t discern any differences no matter how good a product is but more than likely they get a kick putting people down who are willing to use their ears and their brains.

Having said that, tommylion nailed it. I tried a yellow and was intrigued enough by what it did to try the red. The yellow went into a second system. The red really kicked everything up a notch.  As tommylion stated the bass got  deeper and tighter. The soundstage got bigger and I heard details I didn’t know were in a some recordings. I was so impressed I traded the red in for a red/black. It has only been in the system a couple of days so I will wait before commenting.

All three units were plugged directly into the outlet that feeds my Synergistic Research power conditioner which feeds my 2 channel system.

There is nothing impressive looking about these QSA units but they sure do make a positive difference. 

I am really interested to hear your thoughts on the black/red.  Tweak Geeks told me it would be better to buy the B/R jitter plug than a b/r fuse.  Obviously, it can affect more components.