Qobuz hell

Ending a subscription with qobuz turned out to be hell. I did it two weeks ago only to find out that my account is still active and I am still being charged. I contacted qobuz yesterday and the first response was from a bot saying at 9AM they will be back online tomorrow. Which is actually today, so when I got online to figure out what happened, I received the rudest, most useless responses and then ending the chat by the agent. So as of now, I am unable to cancel my subscription - I don't want to use it, pay for it etc. I found it mediocre anyway.

I have no doubt I will spend many hours trying to cancel it in the coming days and get horrible treatment.

grislybutter

Personally I find Qobuz superior Tidal, Apple and Amazon. Never a problem with the service and it integrates quite well with Aurender. 

I happen to LOVE Qobuz and sorry your experience is not a good one.  I DO agree their customer service sucks, as for the FINANCIAL issue there is an easy fix. File a dispute with your credit card company and let them handle it for you. That’s when QOBUZ will have no choice but address your issue. 

As a frustrated Tidal user, I am 2 weeks into trying out Qobuz. I really hate Tidal’s interface (using app on Mac & IOS), and they seem to push R&B and Rap rather than the music I actually listen to. I don’t like their playlists.

Qobuz does not yet have volume normalization... so that’s frustrating. I do like their album info better than Tidal. They look like actual liner notes, whereas Tidal’s credits page is not pleasant at all. Qobuz music selection is far less. That may well decide it for me. I’d really rather have more selection than ultimate sound quality. I’m not a fan MQA, but it’s not a deal breaker either.

I’ve recorded identical songs from both platforms into my DAW, and gotten them to "very nearly" null when inverted and level matched. It’s just stupid to see "MASTER" on audio that’s been heavily limited in the mastering, and then lowered by 6 dB for level matching, and then claiming some benefit by it being MQA. What the heck good is MQA on dynamically limited rock music??

To be honest, I’ve had more FUN listening on Spotify, thanks to their great selection of playlists. They claim that the Premium bitrate is 256kbs, but it sounds a bit worse than that. It’s OK, but the same tracks sound FAR superior at full resolution. I've found that using Spotify via web browser is not volume normalized, but using the Mac App, it WAS normalized (to -12 LUFS I think).

As of this moment, I think I’ll give up on Qobuz, and keep Tidal and Spotify.

@mirolab 

I will definitely check out Tidal. In all honesty, Qobuz could be decent, if it weren't for the connection drops and the lame search. It's hard to believe they couldn't write decent queries that would literally take a day or two.

Post removed