Qln, Joseph Audio, Audiovector, Marten, or Canton...?

I am looking to upgrade my speakers. My amp is an NAD M10 with Dirac Live room correction, so bass response is adjustable to an extent.

For domestic tranquility they must be relatively compact with a wood finish. Floorstanders, not standmount. Budget of up to $15k-ish, but less is better.

My list consists of the following:

• Qln Prestige 3
  • Joseph Audio Perspective 2
  • Audiovector R3 Arrete
  • Marten Oscar Duo
  • Canton Reference 7K

Any and all impressions of these speakers, particularly any comparisons between them, are very much welcome. Thank you!

mrdseitzer

Showing 2 responses by avanti1960

My preference would be the Spendor D9.2.  

Clarity, refinement, superb imaging, efficiency and microdynamic speed.  Best feature is a bottom firing flared port that has sub bass extension that mimics a transmission line.  

Of the ones on your list I have not heard the Cantons but unfortunately have quibbles with certain sound qualities of each of the remaining.  

I would also add Von Schweikert Endeavor E-3 to the list.  VS makes my favorite sounding speakers but I cannot afford them.  

As for quibbles I am not a fan of ceramic drivers unless they are in Von Schweikert speakers.  

Another one on the list is simply too laid back and rolled off for my tastes.  The other one uses smaller diameter woofers and I heard noticeable strain in the midrange when simultaneously playing deep bass notes in addition to a most un-natural sound overall.