push pull or single ended

First post here and appreciate any replies.  While not new to high end audio, I've never had a tube amp.  Looking to purchase a new amp for my mid/tweeter cabinets in a bi-amped system.  Thinking about a tube amp as I've never had one and have read a lot about them, mostly all positive.  Never having heard a tube amp, I'm wondering if I'd be able to hear a difference between the push-pull type and the single ended type.  Not a huge budget as I'm on a fixed budget.  (63yrs. old and on disability for 20+yrs.)  Appears I could get more watts per dollar with a push-pull amp but don't need a whole lot of watts as this is for the top end of my system.  Also like to get a new SS amp for my bottom end but that's another subject.  Would I be able to hear a difference between the two types of amps?  Thanks for the input.  BTW, not really anywhere I can audition the two types.
128x128injr
+1 for the S-30. Super reliable and easy to use. M60s would offer more flexibility if you ever changed speakers, but at a higher price. Sonic character is similar if you happen upon M60 reviews, and are wondering if those comments would apply. 
I  agree that SET would be more of a transition, IMHO OTL gives you the best of both if paired with compatible speakers. Cheers,
Spencer 
@injr  Are you using an electronic crossover? If not the efficiency of your speakers will be a problem with most SETs.
Yep, electric X-over with mid/tweeter on one amp and Woofer cabinets on another amp.  Regular old home made x-over on the mid to tweeter.
I think there is a lot of helpful advice in this tiny thread.  The Carver 275 is a pretty good amp at very decent price.  White the advice on a solid state alternative (First Watt F2) may not slake your curiosity over tube alternatives, it probably would deliver quite nice sound (I've heard the First Watt J2 and SIT amps and they are very good; I have not heard the F2).  As I've stated before, I like OTL amps and the Atmasphere amps mentioned are very stable and reliable versions of such amps.

You could look into vintage gear, but that takes a bit of help from knowledgeable friends or a good dealer for a novice to get into that game.  Old gear has to be inspected and perhaps repaired or reconditioned.  Once that is done such gear can be reliable for a very long time.

For newer gear, it would be helpful to know what is the price range you are shopping.  Also, if you are handy, you could save some money and get really good gear by building a kit.  I heard the Elekit tu-8600 single-ended 300b amp, and it is terrific and the instructions look pretty straightforward and even a novice should be able to tackle that build.  I noticed that Elekit also makes a single-ended amp kit utilizing the 6L6 tetrode tube (a personal favorite in type of tube) that looks interesting (I have not heard it).  For lower-powered pushpull pentode/tetrode tube amps, I tend to like 6L6, KT66, and EL84, and EL34 tube types the most.